Before buying anything on eBay it’s important to check all the facts and this is even more the case when you could be spending thousands on a private hire vehicle!
There are benefits though in that the cars will already be licenced Private Hire Vehicles (PHV) and so you’ll have less hoops to jump through.
- Ask any questions you may have.
- Check the vehicle using our Licence Checker.
- How long is left on the licence? These have to be renewed every 12 months.
- Get an insurance quote.
- See the vehicle in person and if possible have a mechanic look at it too.
- Ensure the car comes with the correct paperwork.
- See how old the car is. Vehicles already licensed must be no older than 10 years at time of licensing. This could mean that if you bought a 9 year old car you would only have 1 year left of licensing as a PHV.
2nd hand cars list
This feed automatically updates from eBay with the latest cars with PCO/PHV licensing and will give you an idea of what to expect to pay for a used car:
[ebayfeedsforwordpress feed=”http://rest.ebay.com/epn/v1/find/item.rss?keyword=%28pco%2Cprivate+hire%29+-spares&categoryId1=9801&sortOrder=BestMatch&programid=15&campaignid=5337071627&toolid=10039&listingType1=All&lgeo=1&feedType=rss” items=”10″]